Saturday, February 6, 2010

New this year for arts vendors

Hey Arts Vendors!

I've concocted a new way to rent space at this year's fest. Let me and the rest of the crew at TAAF introduce to you the Half-Share!

The Half-Share:

This is half the space you've rented before. It runs 10 feet, but is only 5 feet deep. These spaces are in the center row of the festival, and I have only so many available.

This space is perfect for vendors jut starting out, who may only have a single table. In this scenario, you will be placed back-to-back with another vendor. In the center row, you'll be facing opposite aisles of the festival. I'll do my best to place you near someone that makes sense.

Does this fancy Paint Diagram help?

In the last two years, while I've been registering artists and planning the layout of the fest, I've done my bestest to try to get artists in a comfortable location, that makes sense for them. Regrettably, there's always an artist or so that is out of place. He or she doesn't have as much stuff as I thought, or their vendor layout just doesn't fill the space quite right. I truly want to get it right this time. I think this option will definitely help!

Lastly, to those artists who usually split a space with another artist. This is an answer to that as well. If you plan to register and share a space with another artist, please register separately and fill out two forms. Indicate on the form that you'd like to be placed together.

For artists who want to rent a full 10 by 10 space; that's great! Let me know if you want to be on the side or in the center. Be aware that center spaces are accessible from both aisles. I'll be mixing halfs and fulls in the center row of vendors.

Registration forms will be available within the week, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. my only concern is that it's difficult to find a tent/covering that is a 10x5 size...is there any way to coordinate sharing/rent tents to fit over the half-size spaces??

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Please let us know if you have one that you'd be willing to share.

    It's not required that people have tents, either.

    10x10 canopy tents are a great investment if you are going to start vending at outdoor craft fairs on a regular basis, too. They protect from rain AND sun.

    Large umbrellas are also a great alternative if you're just looking for a little shade!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amendment to the people who usually share but are encouraged to apply as two half spaces....this is only applicable if you want to be in the center aisle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.